Why enroll now?
- Applying for Medi-Cal now is helpful because it’s the easiest and fastest way to receive full-scope Medi-Cal.
- Children who are enrolled in restricted scope Medi-Cal will be automatically moved into full-scope Medi-Cal on May 16. No addditional application is needed.
Apply now – Even if a child has other coverage.
- Apply now – Even if a child has other coverage.
- Some undocumented immigrant children have coverage through Kaiser’s Child Health Program, Healthy Kids, or a county health program. These children should enroll in restricted-scope Medi-Cal – if they aren’t already – so they can quickly be enrolled into full-scope coverage when the expansion begins on May 16. (See Children Enrolled in Healthy Kids and Kaiser programs for more information)
- After May 16, children who apply for and are enrolled in restricted-scope coverage will automatically receive full-scope coverage.