Tools for Organizations
We all have a role to play in making sure all of our children are healthy. Here are some tools, resources, and materials to share with families and to help you learn more about the Medi-Cal expansion for undocumented children.
Medi-Cal Expansion & Health4All Kids Webinar
Policy experts and fellow community organizations held a webinar on the Health4All Kids Medi-Cal expansion on April 20, 2016. This webinar discussed the upcoming changes to children’s health coverage, delved into implementation challenges, and shared tangible strategies for community groups to tailor outreach efforts to ensure that eligible children are enrolled in full-scope Medi-Cal as soon as possible. Download the webinar slides.
Health4All Kids: Virtual Townhall
On May 6, 2016, experts answered many of the questions we were unable to answer on the April 20, 2016 webinar. The questions and answers from the town hall were recorded and will be available online. Download the townhall slides.
1) Key Facts about Health4All Kids Medi-Cal Expansion
Find out the basics of what the expansions is, when it will go into effect, and the populations of children impacted
4) Information for Families to Know in Preparing to Apply
Find out how to address important concerns that may inhibit some families from wanting to enroll their children in Medi-Cal.
7) Selecting a Health Plan in Medi-Cal
More information about how families can select a health plan based on the county that they live in and how to avoid gaps in coverage.
10) Best Practices for Working with Immigrant Families
Learn more about the best ways to work with immigrant families through specific messaging and resources.
13) DHCS Resources
Official DHCS resources on the implementation of SB 75.
2) Medi-Cal and Immigration Status Today
Find out the different Medi-Cal eligibility classifications for legally residing immigrants, undocumented immigrants and DACA recipients.
5) How to Apply for Medi-Cal
Find out the best pathways to enroll undocumented children in Medi-Cal.
8) Children Enrolled in Healthy Kids and Kaiser programs
Important information for children who are enrolled in other coverage programs.
11) Materials and Collateral for Families
Resources and materials from organizations across the state to share with families and community members.
14) Resources for Using Health Coverage
Find additional resources to help families understand their health benefits and the important steps to take to get the care they need.
3) Children Should Apply for Medi-Cal Immediately
Find out why families need to apply now.
6) Enrollment Options for Children with Family Members Already in Coverage
Find out the additional ways to enroll undocumented children in Medi-Cal if they have family members enrolled in the program.
9) DACA and SB 75: How do these two forms of Medi-Cal eligibility relate?
Find out about the special considerations for DACA individuals and the overlap in coverage with SB 75.
12) Examples of Existing Outreach Strategies
Learn more about existing outreach work happening and how to develop your own strategy.